London, 18 May 2023, London, UK: pladis, the leading global snacking company behind iconic brands including McVitie’s, Godiva, Jacob’s, Carr’s and Ülker, is entering a new growth phase as the company continues its transformation to become the fastest growing snacking company in the world. This includes leveraging Godiva, the leading global premium chocolatier, to enable pladis to expand into the premium and chocolate sectors.
To lead this acceleration across pladis, Fulya Fraser has been appointed as Chief Growth Officer, effective 5 June 2023. Fulya is a highly accomplished leader with over 25 years of diverse international experience and deep operating expertise in consumer-packaged goods. She has been Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) at pladis for the past four years, designing the company’s organizational structure, leading the company’s talent strategy and creating the ‘One pladis’ high performance culture. Fulya will report to pladis’s CEO, Salman Amin, and be based at the company’s global headquarters in London.
Salman Amin, CEO of pladis said: “The creation of a Chief Growth Officer role marks a milestone moment as pladis enters a new era of accelerated growth. It supports the ongoing transformation of our business, which is generating double digit revenue growth. Fulya is highly experienced at building and integrating teams and was instrumental in bringing our performance based culture to life. Together with her strong commercial and marketing background these skills will enable her to continue driving innovation, making our iconic brands available to more consumers around the world and realising our ambition to be the fastest growing snacking company in the world.”
In her new role as Chief Growth Officer, Fraser’s accountabilities include:
- Global Marketing – bringing pladis’ iconic brands, including McVitie’s, Godiva, Jacob’s, Carr’s and Ulker, to more consumers in more parts of the world.
- Data Analytics & Insights – which delivers proprietary market intelligence to ensure a deep understanding of customer and consumer trends.
- Design – curating the pladis’ brands’ presence creatively, consistently and seamlessly across physical and digital realms.
- Accelerating consumer-led innovation – integrating analytics and insights with the work of the company’s R&D, Commercial and Marketing operations across the globe.
- A newly created Market Development Business Unit – to unify, prioritise and accelerate growth efforts across key global markets and geographies.
Fulya Fraser, incoming Chief Growth Officer, said: “I’m thrilled to accept this new role as we enter an incredible time of growth for pladis. Over recent years our transformation has shown how a focused strategy, iconic brands, consumer-led innovations and a high-performance culture can combine to accelerate growth. But our recent successes are just the beginning and the perfect momentum for the growth we’ll deliver next. I couldn’t be more excited to get started.”
Geraldine Fraser has been appointed as Chief Human Resources Officer. Geraldine is a deeply experienced HR leader with more than 35 years of leadership roles across multiple companies and countries. She joins pladis from Royal FrieslandCampina, one of the world’s largest multinational Dairy Nutrition Companies operating in 34 countries with 22,000 employees, where she was Chief People Officer. Geraldine will join pladis on 10 July and will report to Amin with accountability for the entire worldwide HR function at pladis. She will be based at pladis headquarters in London.